Friday, July 4, 2008

thank god for my mother's eyelet tablecloth.

finally, i've photographed the stuffed animals i've made.  they are pretty self-explanatory i guess.  the first pig (with no legs) was my sample to see if i could make anything look like i wanted.  after simplifying the design a bit to make the animals more time/cost effective, i ended up with eight that i'm going to bring with me to the market.  the first pig is going to a good home, where he will enjoy being dragged around and squeezed often (i hope).  i thought about making tags and sewing them on to the animals with my name on them or something, but tags on stuffed animals always annoyed me when i was little, so i couldn't bring myself to do it.  instead, i think i'll make removable paper tags tied to the animals or something.  

i decided that the woodcut prints definitely needed to be mounted or matted, and decided to mount them onto light cream matte board with plenty of room around them.  i chose to mount, matte, and frame one print from each of the editions so that people can see what they look like when finished off properly.  






No comments: